Tuesday, November 15, 2011

At a concert recently, one of the bands said something that stuck with me. He said that people listen to punk music because they are not happy with the way their life is and want some sort of outlet from it, whether they just got out of a horrible relationship or they work a dead end job that they hate. Now I don't necessarily agree with his statement, but I have noticed that the more unhappy I am, the harder the music is that I listen to. This isn't meant to be a post complaining about my life, but to give you perspective on my taste in music. I have two degrees, one in Physics and the other in Materials Science and Engineering. I am very smart, but with the way the economy is, finding a job is very difficult. I currently work at a home improvement store where I have worked for the past three and a half years, and I feel like I am constantly wasting my potential answering the same questions over and over that people could find the answers to on their own after five minutes on Google. Not to say I'm not grateful for having a job that pays fairly well for what I do and gives good benefits, but I wish I were doing something more with my life. I feel like I am at a standstill. Because of this, I have been listening to heavier and harder music when in a bad mood, which is happening more frequently. Here is an example of the music I listen to at work after we close and all of the customers are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment