Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I watched an interesting documentary the other day about the history of Norwegian black metal called Until The Light Takes Us. As I have admitted before, I don't really know that much about metal. I am aware of the mainstream stuff like Metallica and love the show Metalocalypse, but I can't carry on a serious conversation about it like I can punk or rock 'n' roll. One of the great things about this documentary is it is told through the eyes of the musicians that developed black metal rather than by several music critics. Are there black metal music critics? Anyway, one of the bands featured was Darkthrone. While I can't say that I really enjoy the genre, a couple of songs in the movie stuck out. And since the weather has been grim and drizzly lately, I figured I would share one with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment