Friday, January 4, 2013

So today's post is going to be a bit of a rant. I am going to a Flogging Molly show in February and I haven't heard of either of the opening acts. Usually when this occurs, I try to check them out and kind of get an idea of what the show will be like. The opening bands this year are Skinny Lister and Dave Hause. After doing a bit of a search to see what I could find, I decided to buy Skinny Lister's CD. Here is the problem. They are a UK band and apparently the only way I can get their album is to import it through Amazon. For those of you who don't know, imports are expensive. What I find annoying is that the UK iTunes store has the full album for sale, but the US one doesn't. I thought the point of having an internet based music distribution system is so that people from all over the world can access music they ordinarily couldn't get their hands on. And record labels wonder why people pirate music. If you want people to buy your artist's music, make it accessible. Don't make them jump through hoops. Hopefully I can buy it directly from the band at the show. This is one concert I plan on getting lots of merch.


No comments:

Post a Comment