Saturday, January 19, 2013

While visiting my parents for Christmas, my mother and I talked a bit about music. She asked me what I felt while listening to a piece of music I particularly loved. I told her that listening to the right piece of music at the right time was like being surrounded by pure emotion. Now, that same piece of music won't always feel that way, but when I catch it at just the right time, it is like being wrapped in a sense of complete relaxation, while a warmth grows in my chest, pulling me upwards. It is something that is hard to describe, and I often wonder if other people feel the same way. Here is my mothers favorite piece of music, Schubert's rendition of Ave Maria. Hopefully you feel what both my mother and I feel when we listen to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment