Monday, April 15, 2013

So it has been a while since I have posted anything and for that I apologize. I got to see Frank Turner headline a couple of years ago in a small venue in Dallas, and it was very different from seeing him open for Flogging Molly at the House of Blues. I love intimate venues especially for shows like that. But this isn't about Frank Turner, at least not directly. As my friend and I were walking to our car after the show, we saw Frank outside talking to a couple of people so we went and said hello and how much we enjoyed the show. He showed off his new tattoo that was inspired by his favorite singer/songwriter, a native Texan, Townes Van Zandt. I had heard the name before but couldn't think of any of his songs. It seemed like from that point on, I would hear the name at least once a month. A couple of weeks ago, I finally got around to doing some research on Townes Van Zandt and let me tell you, he is amazing. He has a very calm style that forces you to listen to his lyrics, not just push them to the background. Now that I have finally started listening to him, I want to kick myself for not doing so earlier. Like I said, he is amazing, and I can see how Frank Turner views him as the best singer/songwriter out there. But I'll let you judge for yourselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment