Tuesday, November 29, 2011

There is nothing like working in retail to kill the Christmas spirit

As I've mentioned before, I work in retail. This time of year is probably my least favorite for several reasons, but don't worry, I won't bore you with all of them, just one. Pop Christmas music is horrible. Listening to it for 8 hours straight makes me want to stab my ear drums with a dull pencil. First of all, there are only about 20 songs out there and everyone from Neil Diamond to Steven Tyler have covered them. Secondly, they all sound alike. It drives me crazy. There is one piece of Christmas music that I absolutely love and it is Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker. It is absolutely beautiful and I listen to it constantly during the Christmas season. If it were on repeat at work, I would be much happier. Today's musical selection is The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment